Whenever Valentine’s Day comes around, many people opt to pour their time and energy into making their loved ones happy. And this tradition has been passed on from one generation to another.
However, it is also one of the occasions to be reminded that to be able to fully spread love to others, you should love yourself first.
So this Valentine’s day, it’s time to give yourself a well-deserved treat. Here are 8 ways you can show yourself some love this Valentine’s Day!
8 Ways to Invest in Yourself this Valentine’s Day
1. Make Time for Yourself
Nowadays, it has become typical for many people to lose track of time because of a busy schedule. While this may seem normal, you should not forget to still make time for yourself so you can relax and recharge even for a while. It’s not just about breaking free from stress, you’re actually doing your overall well-being a huge favor.
This Valentine’s day, here are some tips that guarantee to leave you with enough time for yourself:
- Learn to Say ‘No’. One of the things that you may be guilty of is giving in to invites, favors and activities that can keep you preoccupied. Know when to say ‘No’ and you’ll appreciate even the littlest time that you can save for yourself.
- Know Your Priorities. One of the reasons why you often end up lacking time for yourself is not knowing how to set your priorities. Pay attention to the ones that matter most and reschedule those that are least important. Sooner or later, you’ll realize how you’re able to manage your time without being regretful.
2. Enjoy the Luxury of a Warm Soak
Just fill a bathtub with warm water and you’re essentially good to go for a Valentine’s Day soak. However, you can certainly add luxurious touches if you want. Add bubbles, herbs, or rose petals to the bath, light a scented candle, put on some soft music, or bring a book or a plate of your favorite snacks with you. Take a nap if you feel like it.
Grab the chance to nourish yourself by pouring in some bath salts or oils. Here are a few choice picks:
- ILA Spa Bath Salts for Inner Peace. With this Himalayan salt mixture, you can moisturize your skin while surrounding yourself with the scents of meditative sandalwood and relaxing jasmine.
- African Botanics Kalahari Desert De-Tox Bath Salts. Say goodbye to stress and tension with this mineral-rich salt. It contains seaweed to soothe skin conditions, as well as caffeine to deal with cellulite.
- Susanne Kaufmann Essential Oil Bath for the Senses. Breathe in the calming scents of ylang-ylang, lavender, and patchouli. Step out of your bath with nourished and moisturized skin as well.
3. Address Your Skin Woes
With the right face mask, you can pamper yourself on Valentine’s Day and soothe your skin problems in one go! Take the time to find a formula that matches your skin.
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect mask:
- Clay-based masks, like the Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask, draw excess oil and dirt from oily skin, as well as tighten the pores.
- Hydrating masks are great for dry skin. Look out for moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. Check out the Skinesis 3D Moisture Infusion mask by Sarah Chapman, for example–hyaluronic acid is one of its key ingredients.
- Antioxidants can help calm inflammation and reduce signs of aging, such as wrinkles. These include plant oils, such as the argan and sunflower oils in the Kahina Giving Beauty Antioxidant Mask.
- Charcoal, such as the bamboo charcoal in this Lilfox mask, is known for its deep cleansing properties.
- Sleep masks are exactly what they sound like–masks that nourish your skin while you sleep! Try the Grown Alchemist Age Repair Sleep Masque on for size.
4. Pamper Your Hair, Too
Because, yes, there are also nourishing masks for your hair! Put on a hair mask while letting your face mask soak for an easy round of Valentine’s Day self-love. Pure coconut oil makes a quick DIY hair mask–just rub it into your scalp and leave it on for ten minutes. You’ll get healthy roots and a moisturized scalp.
There are also several luxurious hair masks that you can try out:
- Show Beauty Pure Moisture Treatment Mask. A combination of natural proteins and extracts restores smooth, soft hair and protects it from split ends. Paraben- and sulphate-free.
- Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask. Omega-9 and sunflower seed oil nourish each strand of hair from the inside. This mask also heals and softens damaged hair. 100% natural.
- John Masters Organics Rose & Apricot Hair Mask. Rose water, apricot kernel oil, and wheat protein come together to make your hair smooth, shiny, and manageable.
5. Indulge in a DIY Facial
Turn your home into a spa! You can pamper yourself and look your best on Valentine’s Day at the same time.
Just follow these steps:
- Swipe On Some Micellar Water. Wipe off any dirt and leftover makeup, leaving perfectly clean skin.
- Exfoliate. Get a lovely facial scrub, massage it into your skin, and notice how smooth your face is after you rinse. You can also exfoliate your lips with a gentle sugar scrub, but remember to apply some lip conditioner afterwards.
- Spritz Some Facial Mist. This adds a boost of much-needed hydration.
- Throw In a Facial Massage. With clean hands, gently rub in circles across your face for 10 minutes without dragging the skin downwards. A facial oil is a nice touch of luxury here.
- Put On Some Serum. Give your face some deep nourishment with your favourite serum.
- Finish By Moisturizing. Don’t let your pampered skin dry up in the end! Hydrate your skin to cap your DIY Valentine’s Day facial.
6. Start a Hobby
While most people are thinking of ways to make a loved one happy this Valentine’s, you can instead think of doing something that makes you happy. Self-love is not selfish, it is nurturing and you can make this possible this Valentine’s day!
Apart from the usual tasks you do, you can show self-love by starting a hobby that will give you fulfillment. No matter what age you’re in, trying something new or putting some time and attention on things that interest you guarantee to make you feel better. You won’t even have to worry about the cost. With all the resources you can find nowadays, there are hobbies that you can try without necessarily having to spend a lot!
- Writing Poems or Short Stories
- Reading a Book
- Learning a New Language
7. Go on a Food Trip
No dinner date plans, yet? No problem. Why not treat yourself to your favorite food this Valentine’s day. If you are saving your appetite for a certain food for a special occasion, wait no more. There’ll be lots of restaurants with special promos this February and you’d be glad to make this occasion a chance to give yourself a much-deserved treat.
8. Get into a Fitness Routine
Health is wealth as they say and starting a fitness routine is like investing in yourself, too. Don’t make your busy schedule an excuse to disregard wellness and overall health. A 10-minute routine can already do good on your well-being. Imagine how great you’ll feel when you can engage in a fitness routine not only this Valentine’s day but regularly.
Some of the fitness activities you can try include:
- Yoga classes
- Fat-Loss Programs
- At-Home Exercises
There is a rewarding feeling that comes with accomplishing something for yourself–as if you are reigniting your self-worth.
Remember to invest in yourself this Valentine’s Day! With any of these 8 methods, you’ll be radiating a pleasant aura that can spread among your loved ones too.
Need additional tips in time for Valentine’s Day? Follow our magazine for more articles on beauty and self-care.