For many people, the holidays present a wonderful opportunity to travel. However, not all travellers will be given a lot of luggage allowance. Packing light can be a challenge. For one, you probably won’t be able to pack every single cream or lotion on your dresser, yet you need to keep your skin happy wherever your travels will take you. It helps to know just what skincare essentials to include in your luggage. To help you out, here’s a list of must-have products to include in your skin care kit when you travel this holiday season.
YOUR SKIN CARE TRAVEL KIT – WHAT TO CONSIDER
There are a few rules of thumb you’ll want to keep in mind while you pack.
- Pack products in smaller containers. Airports generally won’t allow you to take liquids over 100mL on an international flight.
- Products that are easy to apply can help you save precious time. You should be spending most of your holiday experiencing new things, not struggling with complicated skincare routines!
- Go for familiar ingredients so that you don’t irritate your skin. You can pack your usual routine in smaller reusable containers if you want.
- Solids can be more convenient than liquids, while aerosols should be avoided as much as possible. For example, solid or powdered dry shampoo is better than the usual liquid variety, which can spill and get all over your luggage.
9 SKIN CARE KIT TRAVEL ESSENTIALS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. FACE OIL
Quality face oil should help keep your skin from drying out, whether you’re on a plane or at your holiday destination. Try looking for rose hip oil, which absorbs quickly, or argan oil, which doesn’t leave greasy residue.
You might be on a holiday, but the sun will continue to shine as usual. Shield your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays with at least SPF 30 sunscreen.
3. LIP BALM
Chapped lips can ruin your first taste of foreign cuisine. Protect your lips and keep some balm in your purse.
4. FACE WIPES
You might be so busy sightseeing and taking pictures that you fail to notice the dirt and grime gently building up on your face. Remove impurities with the help of cleansing face wipes.
5. FACE MASK
Want to wake up with a glowing face ready for your next day of adventure? Be sure to pack a hydrating face mask in your luggage.
6. SLEEPING MIST
It can sometimes be difficult to get some shut-eye in an unfamiliar place, even in the safety of your hotel room. A fragrant calming mist can soothe you and help you get some quality sleep.
7. EYE CREAM
Keep eyebags and dark circles out of your holiday travel pictures with a dab of some lightweight eye cream.
A pair of tweezers can help you handle untidy eyebrows, shifty falsies, and other little beauty emergencies in the middle of your holiday trip. Remember to pack it in your check-in luggage when you fly, though, or else it might be confiscated.
9. HYDRATING MIST
Does your skin need a quick refresher before you head off to the next tourist spot? A spritz of hydrating mist should do the trick. Check the ingredients for peptides and hyaluronic acid, which perk up the skin and grant lasting hydration.
3 TOP TRAVEL-READY SKIN CARE KITS FROM ALYAKA
Now that you have an idea of what you should pack, you might want to check out tried and tested travel kits for your on-the-go skin care routine. Alyaka might have just what you’re looking for, though. Here are 3 of the top skin care kits from Alyaka.
1. RAHUA JET SETTER KIT
Cleanse and moisturize your hair and skin throughout your holiday with the four nourishing products in the Rahua Jet Setter Kit. This travel pack includes 60mL sizes of:
- Rahua Shampoo with shea butter, quinoa extract, and coconut oil betains
- Rahua Conditioner with green tea extracts and aloe vera
- Rahua Body Shower Gel with quinoa, ungurahua oil, and sacha inchi
- Rahua Body Lotion with omega fatty acids, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil
2. JOHN MASTERS ORGANICS ESSENTIAL TRIAL KIT
The four travel essentials in this trial kit can give you smooth hair and silky soft skin. This kit includes 30mL each of:
- Lavender Rosemary Shampoo, organic, pH balanced, and great for all hair types
- Citrus & Neroli Detangler, a fragrant and lightweight formula with 18 organic botanicals
- Geranium & Grapefruit Body Wash, which lets the skin retain its natural moisture while leaving it luxuriously soft
- Geranium & Grapefruit Body Milk, an all-over organic body lotion with an uplifting citrus scent.
Thanks to this travel pack, you can take your Susanne Kaufmann favorites with you for the holidays. The flight kit includes:
- Moisturizing Spray, 25 ml
- Lip Balm, 3.5 g
- Moisture Mask, 15 ml
- Purif-i Disinfecting Hand Spray, 25 ml
- Deodorant Spray, 25 ml
- Leg and Venous Spray, 25 ml
- Skin Smoothing Nutrient Concentrate, 1 ml sachet
With this guide, you can pack lightly for your much-deserved holiday without neglecting your skin. Your vacation might even refresh your skin together with your mind and the rest of your body!