ANTI-AGING FACIAL EXERCISES THAT CAN RESTORE YOUR YOUTHFUL GLOW
by Alyaka.com Editor on Oct 18, 2022
If you are committed to a fitness routine intended to keep your body in its best form, you should make it a point to pay attention to another part of your body that also requires toning–your face. There are facial exercises that can help make your face look young and healthy. With the right techniques, you can supplement the anti-ageing beauty products you apply to your skin with face workouts that can keep wrinkles and sagging skin at bay!
Want to know what these are?
Read on to learn more about what anti-ageing facial exercises are, why you need them, as well as the techniques that you can incorporate to your day-to-day fitness routine.
WHAT ARE ANTI-AGEING FACIAL EXERCISES?
Anti-ageing facial exercises involve techniques that facilitate contraction of the muscles and skin on your neck and face. These exercises are also referred to as face yoga or face workouts that are deemed as effective methods that help make a person look younger.
In recent years, face yoga has become a popular routine that both experts and famous personalities swear by because of its effects on restoring one’s youthful look. These claims have been supported by research which revealed the results of committing to anti-ageing facial exercises on a day to day basis and how it contributes to achieving a youthful look.
ANTI-AGING FACE WORKOUTS: HOW THEY WORK
Unlike the muscles found in other parts of your body, facial muscles are attached to the skin. If you’ll notice, once your facial muscles move, the skin on your face also moves. Simply put, this is how facial expressions are formed.
However, apart from enabling you to express yourself, your facial expressions also has a different story to tell. When done repeatedly, this can lead to wrinkle formation. And as you grow old it can lead to sagging skin.
However, this should not be the case if you’ll make anti-ageing facial exercises a part of your routine. To inform you further, here’s how face workouts or facial exercises work:
- Target the muscles of the face and scalp.
- Tone and tighten facial muscles.
- Smoothen the skin to prevent wrinkle formation.
- Enhance blood circulation to deliver more oxygen to facial cells.
- Help in the elimination of toxins
- Facilitate collagen and elastin production
All the mechanisms mentioned above are geared toward helping you achieve a younger-looking skin that is supple, firm, and smooth!
However, the effects of face yoga or anti-ageing facial exercises also depend on how often and how long you incorporate them into your day-to-day routine.
So how frequent should you engage in anti-ageing facial exercises?
To achieve optimum results, anti-ageing facial exercises should be done daily or at least 6 times a week. Allot half an hour each day for the most noticeable effects to surface. These results are expected to become visible from two weeks and beyond.
Now that you have already learned the benefits of anti-ageing face workouts, it’s time to be on it! Check out the range of face yoga techniques you can try to restore your youthful glow.
THE BEST ANTI-AGING FACE WORKOUTS YOU SHOULD BE DOING NOW
The Giraffe – There are anti-ageing signs that can be managed well by sticking to an easy yet effective routine. This anti-ageing facial exercise targets the chin and neck region. It helps eliminate trouble areas like sagging skin and double chin.
- Sit or stand. Choose your preferred position.
- Look up so as to tilt your head back and stretch your neck.
- While maintaining that position, push your tongue against the top of your mouth.
- Pull skin on the neck downwards using your index fingers
- Maintain the stretch for 25 seconds.
- Assume the first position and repeat.
The V – Did it ever occur to you that you can beat some of the most common signs of ageing with a facial exercise that basically makes you frown? Try this out to find a solution that will help manage the appearance of crow’s feet, drooping eyelids, and eye puffiness. This face workout promises great results without having to resort to botox and eye lift surgery!
- Using your two middle fingers, press the inner corners of the eyebrows.
- At the same time, put pressure on the outer corners of your eyebrows using your index fingers.
- Move your head towards the direction of the ceiling.
- Squint so that your lower eyelids will be raised upwards.
- Repeat the process 6 more times.
- End this face workout by keeping the eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds.
The Surprise – Here’s a simple face workout that can help get rid of creases and smoothen out your forehead by simply managing a surprised expression!
- Assume a surprised face by raising your eyebrows.
- Keep them high as possible for the best stretch.
- Stretch your mouth and leave it wide open.
- Open your eyes wider than usual.
- Maintain the surprised expression and repeat this facial exercise for 10 mins.
The Unwrinkled Smile – This face workout is especially effective in dealing with lines and sagging skin. When done regularly, it can help eliminate the need for lifting the lower face or using fillers.
- Put mouth in the ‘O’ position, making sure that your lips will be able to hide your teeth.
- With your teeth still hidden, manage a wide smile.
- Repeat this 6 times.
- Maintain the position then put your index finger on your chin.
- While in this position, move the jaw up and down while tilting your gently backwards.
- Relax and then repeat 2 more times.
Funny Face – Give yourself a natural face lift by looking happy! This anti-ageing facial exercise helps not only in making you look worry-free it also addresses problems with sagging skin, as well as your laugh lines.
- Manage a big smile while keeping your lips closed.
- While in that position, wrinkle your nose.
- Remove the grin on your face and instead pucker your lips.
- While your mouth still closed, use your fingers to pull your chin down.
- Once again, smile and pucker your lips. Maintain the expression for 5 seconds.
- Do all over again 10 times.
Fish Pout – Not only is this anti-ageing facial exercise funny. It also works well in toning the upper face while plumping the lower area of the face.
- Suck in your cheeks between your upper and lower teeth.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and then release.
- Repeat this face workout 15 times in 2 minutes.
Brow Smoother – Are you starting to feel conscious about the horizontal lines that are visible on your forehead? Botox is not the only solution that you can turn to especially with a simple face workout you can follow. Try out this facial exercise that is suited to clear ageing signs on some of your trouble spots.
- Put your hands on your forehead so that they’ll face inwards.
- Position hands so that all fingers will be spread between your hairline and eyebrows.
- Slowly, apply light pressure to tighten skin while sweeping your fingers outwards across your forehead.
- Do this routine 10 times.
Mouth Shut – There are times when it really matters to keep your mouth shut–especially if that would mean being able to get rid of your skin ageing signs! This facial exercise can help get rid of sagging skin, particularly around the lips.
- Start by closing your mouth and tightly keeping your lips together.
- While maintaining the position, smile in a way that your mouth will be stretched as widely as you can.
- Keep this position for 20 seconds.
- After that, relax the muscles of your face.
- This face yoga routine can be done for 8 to times within 2 minutes.
Cheeky Face – Here’s an anti-ageing facial exercise that you can do anywhere. When done regularly, this face workout can help you achieve toned skin and muscles.
- Start routine in a sitting or standing position.
- While maintaining your position, inhale deeply.
- Then, hold the air inside to puff out your cheeks.
- Maintain your blown out cheeks for as long as you can.
- Expel air in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for 8 to 10 times.
Flirtatious Eyes – If you’ve been considering an eyebrow lift to get rid of deep eye hollows or drooping eyebrows, this simple anti-ageing facial exercise is the right fit for you.
- Put your index finger under each eye while positioning it so that it will be pointed towards the direction of your nose.
- Keep your teeth hidden while keeping your top and bottom lips away from each other.
- Maintain the position and then for 30 seconds, look at the ceiling while fluttering your upper eyelids.
Vowel Power – At a time when signs of ageing are already upon you, it is amazing to know that you can actually go back to basics to manage your problem areas! The power of vowels is used in this facial exercise to give your neck area a lift and help firm the corners of your mouth.
- Take a deep breath.
- Recite your vowels: “A E I O U” while managing a smile or laugh.
- Do this face workout repeatedly for 2 minutes.
When it comes to fitness, there’s nothing that regular exercise can’t treat. And in this case, anti-ageing facial exercises work just as effectively in treating the signs of ageing that may already be troubling you.
Along with the supplements and anti-ageing beauty products that you’re using,you can expect results that can reveal a healthier and younger-looking you! Best of all, it’s great to know that these face workouts can easily be incorporated into your daily habits without a problem.