African Botanics Retinal Night Cream 50ml
A multi-tasking and deeply regenerating treatment cream which accelerates cell renewal and the recovery process while you sleep.
African Botanics Retinal Night Cream combines many innovative and advanced regenerative active ingredients to help repair skin damage, restructure, improve clarity and boost skin density while increasing moisture and elasticity. Formulated with anti-wrinkle marine glycobiology, collagen stimulators, oligo-elements, peptides, antioxidants, zinc gluconate, hyaluronic acid and moisture-replenishing extracts, Retinal Night Cream targets fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, pigmentation and uneven texture for healthy, smooth and visibly youthful skin.
Strength: Ultra-Strength Vitamin A. Perfect for those who are wanting to upgrade their high-strength retinol results and for advanced Retinoid users.
Texture: Lightweight Cream
Scent: Unscented and EO free but has a scent due to its active ingredients
Powered by Retinaldehyde - an encapsulated and ultra stabilized bio-active form of Vitamin A that gradually and effectively converts to Retinoic Acid within the skin in one step, thus bypassing irritation. Retinaldehyde is far less irritating compared to other Retinoids and has one less step involved in the conversion to Retinoic Acid. It is known to have strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Retinaldehyde boosts and protects collagen, increases cell turnover and enhances barrier function.
- Fine lines / wrinkles / uneven skin tone
- Problematic skin types (blemishes / breakouts)
- Loss of firmness and elasticity
- Dark spots and UV damage
- Oxidative stress
- Helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Triggers cellular regeneration
- Clarifies and brightens
- Enhances barrier function
- Targets all signs of aging
- Plumps, hydrates and smoothes the skin
- Retinaldehyde: 0.10% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde, this ultra-strength concentration of Vitamin A repairs connective tissue in the skin, boosts collagen synthesis for age defying benefits and increases elasticity while targeting fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and uneven skin texture. Retinaldehyde also balances sebaceous oil production shrinking the skin's pores to prevent them from getting clogged and inflamed. Retinaldehyde only needs one conversion in the skin to retinoic acid, whereas traditional retinol needs two. This means faster and more effective results with less redness and irritation*.
- White Willow Bark, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Fulvic Acid: Further help minimize pores, reduce acne scarring, sun spots and pigmentation*.
- Zinc Gluconate: Promotes skin healing, reduces hormonal effects on the skin and helps fight against acne*.
- Hydrolyzed Fucoidan: Laminaria Algae, acts as a repairing agent by stimulating metabolism of fibroblasts and collagen synthesis. Helps reverse the signs of aging by bringing back the skin’s structure and firmness*.
- Peptides: Help mimic the body’s own collagen production mechanism. This compensates for any collagen deficit in the skin and helps make the skin look younger, decrease wrinkles and helps create a lifting effect to the skin*.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacinamide, Resveratrol: Powerful antioxidants, energize cell activity, help reduce sun damage,even out skin tone and improve hydration*.
- Oligosaccharides: Obtained from sweet white lupine and alfalfa, rich in low molecular weight glutaminated peptides promote synthesis of epidermal proteins and lipids, limits the trans epidermal water losses and reinforces the barrier function of the skin.
- COENZYME Q10: Helps improve the appearance of aging or UV-exposed skin*.
- Hyaluronic acid, Glycerine, Squalane, Aloe Ferox: Maintain skin barrier function and help restore optimum hydration by reaching deep down into the dermis. Increase softness and flexibility and decrease water loss*.
- Dragon's Blood resin: Provides strong anti-inflammatory properties that help protect skin cells, reduce redness and swelling*.
- Marigold: Calendula is rich in carotenoids, vitamin A pre-cursors, protects from free radicals which cause premature aging*.
- Marula, Kalahari Melon, Moringa, Baobab oils: Bio-available source of antioxidants, nutrients and Essentail Fatty Acids. They provide lipid nourishment to the skin barrier regulating cell function and improving the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture*.
- Caffeine: Well researched for it’s skin-stimulating properties, contains antioxidants and polyphenols protecting the skin from free radical damage*.
* Test performed on ingredient
Use PM Only.
Application of the Retinal Night Cream should be introduced gradually and only used overnight. For optimum results apply a large pea-sized amount over clean, dry face, neck and décolletage. Allow absorbing before applying a face oil or a moisturizer if needed.
Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night. Caution: Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day and limit sun exposure while using this product!
Avoid using other retinoid treatments. Patch testing prior to use is recommended if the skin is sensitive. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Not suitable for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.