Eye Contour Gel-Serum 15ml
African Botanics Eye Contour Gel-Serum is an energizing and highly concentrated cooling gel-serum that targets the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles while visibly soothing, tightening, and reinforcing the barrier function of the skin for a more youthful appearance.
The powerful combination of Ceramides, Lupine Oligosaccharides, Yeast Beta-Glucan, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C and fucoidan-rich Seaweed extract help plump and deeply moisturize while supporting the synthesis of epidermal elastin production and effectively awakening the eye contour. Caffeine, Arnica, Copper and Dragon's blood extract help drain, revitalize and activate microcirculation reducing puffiness and dark circles. This age-defying serum provides an instant tightening effect and sinks into skin quickly, making it a perfect base for make-up.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dark circles
- Loss of firmness and elasticity
- Instantly soothes and awakens the under eye area
- Helps reduce the look of puffiness
- Visibly firms and tightens
- Softens the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles
- Provides a cooling and lifting effect
- Oligosaccharides: Obtained from sweet white lupine and alfalfa, rich in low molecular weight glutaminated peptides promote the synthesis of epidermal proteins and lipids, limits the transepidermal water losses, and reinforces the barrier function of the skin. By stimulating the lymph drainage, it reduces the swelling caused by the accumulation of interstitial liquids and it reduces the surface of under-eye bags. Tone and firmness are improved thanks to a boosting effect of metabolic synthesis*.
- Yeast Beta-Glucan: A potent skin humectant with plumping capacity as hyaluronic acid and is high in antioxidants. It attracts water to the top layers of skin while decreasing the look of wrinkles, redness, and irritation. Some tests have shown beta-glucan is 20% more hydrating than hyaluronic acid at the same concentration*.
- Niacinamide: Vitamin B3 refines the look of pores, reduces the appearance of discoloration, improves skin resilience, and visibly brightens and fights dullness for a radiant, even-looking skin tone*.
- Ceramides: Reinforce skin's barrier and increase hydration, giving you plumper, smoother, firmer-feeling skin with fewer visible lines and wrinkles, as well as fewer signs of sensitivity*.
- Fucus Vesiculosus: Bladderwrack extract is known for its strong water-binding properties. When applied topically it restores and maintains moisture levels, preserving your skin smooth, soft and youthful*.
- Caffeine: Researched for its skin-stimulating properties, contains antioxidants and polyphenols protecting the skin from free radical damage*.
- Bulbine frutescens: A unique plant with incredible healing, soothing and moisturizing qualities. It enables the restoration of skin barrier function, reducing sensitization and improving moisture retention*.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C that functions as an antioxidant and is potentially effective for brightening an uneven skin tone*.
- Vitamin E: A lipid-soluble antioxidant that is naturally present in the skin. It works together synergistically with Vitamin C to provide 4 x more protection against free radicals, boosting the serum's overall antioxidant effect to keep skin protected throughout the day*.
- Arnica: Anti-inflammatory extract that has been used topically in both traditional and homeopathic medicines for pain relief and to help with the reduction of bruising and swelling*.
Texture: Thick Gel
Scent: Unscented and EO free
African Botanics combines traditional South African beauty secrets with the latest formulas in green beauty. Featuring marula oil, an African ‘miracle oil,’ their natural range of products is made exclusively in South Africa to support youthful, radiant, and supple face and body skin.
African Botanics's skincare essentials are made with single-origin botanicals with strong adaptogenic effects, paying homage to centuries of traditional medical knowledge. The nutrient-dense heart of every African Botanics product is driven by years of cutting-edge scientific research and hundreds of years' worth of phototherapy.
Use Eye Contour Gel-Serum when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed at night right after cleansing. Gently press a small amount, the size of a grain of rice, under the eyes and across the eyelids extending from the inside out. Pat with fingertips to help stimulate microcirculation and to boost radiance. Allow the formula a minute to absorb. It may cause a cooling and tingling sensation upon application and can be stored in the fridge for an even more energizing cooling effect. Because the texture is a thick gel-serum, it is super satisfying to apply.
Make it a full sensorial experience by pairing it with a tool, such as a jade roller, to work the product into the skin while manually massaging and de-puffing. Whether you’ve never introduced an eye product into your skincare schedule, or you’ve been searching for the right one, the gel-serum delivery system soaks into the skin quickly and is as easy to use as it is effective.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein Oligosaccharides, Yeast Beta-Glucan Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Extract, Niacinamide, Ceramides, Fucus Vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Caffein, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos)* Tea Extract, Cyclopia Genistoides (Honeybush)* Leaf Extract, Bulbine Frutescens* Leaf Extract, Hypoxis Hemerocallidea (African Potatoe)* Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitiamin C), Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo)** Kernel Oil, Arnica Cordifolia (Arnica) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Croton Lechleri (Dragon’s Blood) Resin Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycerin, Ferulic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
**Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced.
Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Formulated without parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, please refer to the product packaging.
Everywhere else (worldwide)
International Tracked Delivery (7-10 business days): $5.95 (FREE from orders over $40)
DHL Tracked Delivery (2-3 business days): $25
China, Hong Kong
Tracked Standard Delivery (7-10 business days): $20 (FREE from orders over $100)
UK & Channel Islands
Fully Tracked Standard Delivery (2-3 working days): $0
Fully Tracked Express Delivery (1-2 working days): $8
Fully Tracked Next Business Day By 1PM (order by 12pm mon-fri): $11
Fully Tracked Saturday By 1PM (order by 12pm fri): $23
International Tracked Delivery (3-7 business days): $5.95 (FREE from orders over $20)
DHL Tracked Delivery (2-3 business days): $15
*Perfume is considered a dangerous good, due to shipping restrictions and can only be shipped through special courier services. We use FEDEX for all order containing perfume. When ordering, please make sure that you choose “Fedex Fragrance Delivery” if your order contains any perfume. Otherwise we won’t be able to complete and deliver your order. WE REGRET THAT WE CANNOT OFFER A STANDARD DELIVERY OPTION FOR THESE ORDERS.