26 AMAZING BEAUTY HACKS TO SIMPLIFY YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE
by Alyaka.com Editor on Oct 18, 2022
Have you ever wondered how some people manage to look as if they’ve just stepped out of a magazine–even on a usually busy day? It takes time and effort to look beautiful, but with a little help, looking good could just be as simple as learning from the beauty geniuses!
There are unusual and brilliant ideas that can entirely change your beauty routine. And you’ll be in for the greatest shock of your life to know how practical ideas can really work.
Excited to divulge the life hacks of beauty geniuses? Wonder no more!
This infographic from Alyaka, UK’s trusted retail of , will help you uncover the most unusual secrets to looking beautiful from head to toe!
Brilliant Beauty Hacks that You’d Want to Know
Choosing the most effective and natural beauty products is the initial step to looking fabulous and the next important thing that you have to do is know the tips and tricks that will help you achieve the results you want–fuss-free!
Take it from the experts. There are things and beauty products that serve unique and brilliant purposes! Here is a summary of the 26 beauty hacks that guarantee to simplify your beauty routine.
- Soak hair in vinegar to add shine to dull looking hair. Say goodbye to lifeless hair by soaking it in vinegar for 3 -4 minutes. Rinse with cold water then follow up with conditioner for an odourless finish.
- Use olive, almond and coconut oil for a DIY scalp massage. Create an effective concoction to heal scalp with a mix of 2 tablespoons each of almond, olive and coconut oil. Use this to massage through from the ends of the hair to the roots for one hour. Wash thoroughly after an hour.
- Cornstarch + essential oils = Dry shampoo. On days when you have no time for a full shampoo, dry shampoo is the answer! Simply mix ¼ cup of cornstarch and a few drops of your favourite essential oils. Apply it to your hair roots and then comb through to get a clean and oil-free hair for the rest of the day. (Note: For people with dark hair, mix in equal parts of cocoa powder with the cornstarch).
- Body lotion makes a great fix for split ends. Bothered by split ends but no time for a hair trim? Cover up those ugly ends with a little lotion. Simply pinch a small amount through the ends of your hair to instantly achieve healthier looking strands!
- Use eyeshadow to make thin hair look thicker. Get thicker-looking hair in an instant with your eyeshadow. Choose a shade that is similar to the colour of your hair and then use a brush to fill in your hair’s part until it’s fully covered.
- Learn different ways to keep bobby pins in place. Do you often bother fixing and refixing your hair because of bobby pins that fall off? Keep them in place by spraying them with a hairspray before using. Another trick is to use bobby pins with the flat side up. They’ll stay in place better when the grooved part is the one in contact with the hair.
- Squeezed lemon makes a natural skin brightener. Get instant glow the natural way. Simply squeeze a lemon onto a cotton pad and then apply to effectively brighten up the face.
- Get sunburn relief from frozen aloe vera gel. Bothered by sunburn? Simply freeze aloe vera gel and use it as an effective treatment for sunburn.
- Baking soda and water for your DIY tan fix. Easily clean up your sun-tanner by mixing a paste of baking soda with water.
- Say goodbye to zits with Visine. If a zit suddenly popped out and threatens to ruin your plans, you can try this instant fix! Dab a small amount of Visine to a pimple and hold it for a few minutes to tone it down and make it barely noticeable. Visine helps eliminate the redness and all you’ll need is a concealer to cover up the zit itself.
- Add tint to your facial moisturiser with a liquid foundation. Wish you’ve gotten a tinted facial moisturiser instead of the regular one? You can add some shade to your regular facial moisturiser by mixing a liquid foundation to it.
- Blow dry your curler to get beautiful lashes. Use a blow dryer to heat your curler, then use it, as usual, to get nice and curled lashes in an instant!
- Achieve the effects of false eyelashes with a baby powder. Getting the long and full look of false eyelashes can be achieved by dipping a cotton swab into baby powder and then running it across your mascara-coated lashes. Once applied, add a 2nd coat of mascara to finish the look!
- Coconut oil makes a great alternative for a makeup remover. If you have coconut oil at home and ran out of a makeup remover, you can use it as a natural and effective makeup remover to replace the one that you normally use.
- Add moisturiser to a dark foundation to lighten it up. Purchased the wrong foundation and finds it too dark for your skin? You can lighten the shade by adding a small amount of moisturiser to it.
- Use a contact solution for fuller lashes that last long. A little trick can make you wear your mascara longer and appear the same as the first time you applied it. Simply mix a small amount of contact solution to your mascara to get fuller lashes that last long!
- Sugar works to exfoliate your lips. Lip balm mixed with sugar makes a great lip scrub. Gently exfoliate using a toothbrush to get rid of dryness before applying the mixture for the best prep.
- Use heat and cold to save a broken lipstick. Got a broken lipstick? Heat it with a lighter and then store in the fridge for 1 hour for a quick fix.
- Translucent powder is the ingredient to long-lasting and smudge-free lipstick. Nothing can be better than keeping your lipstick on until the end of the day. You can do this and even avoid smudges with a tissue and a bit of translucent powder. Just hold a tissue over your lips after applying lipstick then dust a bit of translucent powder over the tissue to set the lipstick and make it lasts longer.
- Apply frosted eyeshadow for fuller lips. Longing to get that fuller lips? You can get poutier lips by dabbing a pale, frosted eyeshadow over your usual lip colour. Eyeshadow has a thicker frost that gives your lips a luscious full look.
HAND AND FOOT HACKS
- Use a rubber band to get perfect French tips. Want to perfect your French tips? Tie a rubber band around your finger to create a perfect French-tipped manicure.
- Apply Vaseline or glue around the nails for a mess-free manicure. Keep your nail polish off your fingers by using Vaseline. Simply apply it to the nail for a mess-free manicure. Ran out of Vaseline? No problem. Elmer’s glue can also do the trick. Apply with a brush and peel away for that clean and perfect manicure!
- Add cornstarch to a glossy polish for that matte effect. Want to get a matte finish for your nails but only have a glossy polish? Simply add a bit of cornstarch to your nail polish for that matte effect!
- Use deodorant to get a blister-free foot. Foot blisters hurt and don’t look good. But you can avoid them by rubbing a deodorant on the part of the shoe where there is friction.
- Peppermint moisturiser or vaseline treats tired and cracked feet while you sleep. Wake up with soft and smooth feet with this healing treatment. Simply apply peppermint moisturiser or Vaseline to tired and cracked feet, and then put on some comfy, cushioned socks as you go to sleep.
- Achieve toned arms and legs, minus the hard work using a highlighter and lotion. You can get added definition for your arms and legs without sweating it out. Simply mix a small amount of highlighter, preferably the liquid one, to your lotion. Once you apply the lotion, you will notice an added gleam that gives extra definition for your muscles.
Natural beauty products are keys to having an effective beauty routine, but at times when you don’t have the usual solution to your beauty problem, it pays to know some of the most amazing beauty hacks that solve your woes by repurposing the things that you already have!
22 Easy Hairstyles for Busy Women