HoliFrog Shasta AHA Acid Wash 148ml
If the glow is gone you need to wash it back in. When the pimples are back in town, it’s time to cleanse them away. Clogged pores, rough texture, a zit or two (or five), overall dullness or just simply a look of blah can all be treated with proper exfoliation.
HoliFrog blended together the best combination of smoothing and brightening acids to penetrate into your skin while you wash.
Soothing non-fragrant botanicals reduce irritation and keep skin nice and hydrated. You won’t find anything here that can further inflame the skin, including essential oils, drying alcohols, and triclosan (an antibacterial agent sometimes found in acne treatments).
If you cleanse twice a day, we recommend alternating Shasta AHA Acid Wash with Tashmoo Water Lily Nourishing Milky Wash to strengthen your skin’s barrier and soothe sensitivity. The less aggravated your skin is, the better it will react to exfoliating acids.
- It’s your best skin-clearing serum but in cleanser form.
- Clears away pore-clogging debris and dull dead skin.
- Our targeted acid blend exfoliates to reveal brighter, smoother skin with smaller-looking pores.
- Ideal for adult acne—our gentle wash reduces breakouts without stripping your skin of precious moisture.
- Light, non-foaming formula rinses away clean.
- Glycolic, mandelic, lactic, tartaric, and citric acids: A blend of AHA acids of different sizes and properties to sweep away dead skin, clear out clogged pores, reduce inflamed breakouts, and smooth pores.
- Glycolic: The most researched type of alpha hydroxy acid. It acts as an exfoliant to help shed dead skin to renew skin’s surface. It visibly softens signs of aging from sun damage.
- Mandelic: This form of AHA is an especially large molecule, so it does not penetrate the skin deeply. Therefore, it exfoliates at a lower risk of irritation.
- Lactic: A large molecule AHA that exfoliates on the surface of the skin by breaking down the material that holds dead skin together; it helps to brighten an uneven skin tone and is an effective alternative for sensitive skin types.
- Tartaric: This AHA, which has antioxidant properties, comes from fermented grapes and is added to glycolic or lactic acid to strengthen their sloughing. It’s primary benefit is to regulate the formula’s pH.
- Citric: This AHA is derived from citrus fruits and functions to keep other acids in a safe pH range. It eliminates irritating impurities on the skin by grabbing onto them so they cannot enter the skin.
- Australian caviar lime extract: Fruit acid gently brightens and smooths skin.
- Tamanu oil: A nut oil native to the south Pacific that helps skin heal and regenerate itself.
- Rosehip oil: Chock full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids to hydrate skin and protect it from environmental damage.
- Aloe vera: Offsets potential irritation from the acids by calming the skin and reducing redness
Shasta AHA Acid Wash is ideal for breakouts, congestion, large pores, and/or dullness and rough texture